Culture Days & Kids Celebrate! Saturdays #1 : Coinciding with the arrival of the Kids Celebrate! feature exhibit, kids and adults alike can fill the museum with improvised sound and unique music! Jam out with DIY recycled instruments, play the steel pan drums, and learn about how people in the past made their own instruments. Play bingo to explore the sounds of the museum and the city! This is the first event in the Kids Celebrate! Saturdays series.
Culture Days is a national weekend dedicated to free events and activities that celebrate arts, culture, and heritage with a focus on participation! This Canada-wide event has been an annual party since 2008 focusing on different themes each year. This year, the theme is On Beat, “a rhythm-inspired event bringing together thousands of Canadians from coast-to-coast both in-person and online to celebrate making the arts accessible, inclusive and fun!”
• Make your own DIY recyclable instrument!
• Explore the sounds in the Kids Celebrate! interactive exhibit!
• Play On Beat Musical Bingo through the museum and downtown to win awesome prizes!
• Try out improvised instruments from Nanaimo’s past!
• Check out some of the cool instruments in our artifact collection, on display for specially for Culture Days in Fall 2018!
Event Dates: Friday, September 28th and Saturday, September 29th, 2018
Event Times: 10am to 4pm Daily
Event Location: Nanaimo Museum, 100 Museum Way, Nanaimo, BC V9R 5J8