Camping is one of the most popular recreational activities in British Columbia, and campgrounds in BC are as varied as the wonderful terrain in which they are located. Campers can pitch tents in private campgrounds, in BC Recreation Campsites located on Crown land outside of parks, and alongside lakes or rivers, but the real camping highlight is a space in one of British Columbia’s magnificent provincial or national park campgrounds!
Private Campgrounds and Camping Services
- Private Campgrounds & RV Parks in Greater Victoria
- Private Campgrounds & RV Parks in Greater Vancouver
- Private Campgrounds & RV Parks in Whistler
- Private Campgrounds & RV Parks on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands
- Private Campgrounds & RV Parks in the Vancouver Coast & Mountains
- Private Campgrounds & RV Parks in the Thompson Okanagan
- Private Campgrounds & RV Parks in the Kootenay Rockies
- Private Campgrounds & RV Parks in the Cariboo, Chilcotin, Coast
- Private Campgrounds & RV Parks in Northern BC and Haida Gwaii
- Private Campgrounds & RV Parks in all British Columbia
- Camping Services in all British Columbia
- Camping Trips in all British Columbia (By Kayak, Horseback or Backpacking)
- Motorhome/RV Rentals in British Columbia
Provincial Park Campgrounds and Reservations
Information on provincial park campgrounds for which a reservation service is available, park campsites for which no reservations are possible, and how to reserve a provincial park campsite by phone or online.
National Park Campgrounds and Reservations
There are seven national parks in British Columbia, all offer Frontcountry Camping, Backcountry Camping, Huts and Cabins, and Winter Camping. Reservations can be made for camping in three of them: Gulf Islands National Park, Kootenay National Park, and Pacific Rim National Park.
Camping on Crown Land in BC Recreation Sites
Camping is also available at any of more than 1,100 recreation campgrounds situated on Crown land outside of provincial or national parks that have been made available for recreational use. The sites are rustic, usually small (less than 10 vehicle units), and located near lakes and rivers, blending in with the natural surroundings. Although these sites do not offer sophisticated amenities, such as power hook-ups and piped water, they include basic sanitary facilities, fire rings, picnic tables, and boat launch ramps where appropriate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions about parks and campgrounds in British Columbia, including regulations on vehicles per campsite, vehicle and trailer size, people per campsite, length of stay, campground reservations, generators, vehicle idling, gate times, pets, security, noise, winter camping, firearms and hunting, permits, mushroom picking, campfires, firewood, bicycles, and bear safety.
Provincial Park User Fees
Information on fees for camping, additional vehicles, camping and picnicking at group sites, fees for seniors and persons with disabilities, volunteer fee exemptions, payment of fees, check-in and check-out times, hours of operation, and the backcountry registration system.
Recreation: Camping Information
- Camping on Vancouver Island & BC Islands
- Camping in Greater Vancouver
- Camping in the Fraser Valley
- Camping in Whistler and Sea to Sky
- Camping on the Sunshine Coast
- Camping in North Thompson and Nicola Valley
- Camping in the Okanagan Valley, Similkameen and Shuswap
- Camping in the Kootenays
- Camping in the BC Rockies
- Camping in the Cariboo
- Camping in the Chilcotin
- Camping in Coastal BC
- Camping in Haida Gwaii (Queen Charlotte Islands)
- Camping in North East BC
- Camping in North West BC
Cedar Beach ResortCedar Beach Resort
Cedar Beach Resort is located on beautiful St. Mary Lake on Salt Spring Island. Our 5 acre resort offers 17 cabins and suites as well as 23 fully-serviced RV/camping sites. We have our own private, sandy beach right on the lake. Our heated, outdoor swimming pool (open mid-May to mid-September) and hot tub offer fabulous lake views. All cabins and suites are fully furnished with cooking facilities, and the adjoining Beach House offers indoor and outdoor recreation space. An exceptional venue for family reunions, gatherings, and small group weddings.