British Columbia invigorates winter vacationers with clean alpine mountain air, abundant and untouched wilderness, and beautiful mountain ranges, photographs of which regularly adorn the glossy pages of ski and travel magazines around the world. Destination resorts in BC offer every winter activity, from powder skiing to downhill snowboarding, from cross-country to dogsledding, and are consistently rated amongst the best ski resorts in North America, with Whistler Blackcomb Ski Resort regularly rated #1. Vancouver offers Cypress, Grouse and Mount Seymour; the Okanagan has Apex, Big White, Silver Star and Sun Peaks; and the Kootenays and BC Rockies boast Fairmont, Fernie, Kicking Horse, Kimberley, Panorama, Revelstoke, and Whitewater Ski Resorts, to name just some of the largest.
Ski Lifts at Whistler Blackcomb Ski Resort in Whistler, British Columbia, Canada.
The diverse geography and sheer size of British Columbia ensures that there is always great skiing and plenty of other winter activities available somewhere in this great winter wonderland. There are downhill ski and snowboard resorts in all six tourism regions of B.C offering world-class skiing in British Columbia. Start your winter vacation by selecting a BC Ski Resort or Ski Mountain below, or by viewing the Skiing and Winter Recreation information for each region (Map of the BC Regions).
Ski Resorts on Vancouver Island
The Islands of British Columbia boast the mildest climate in Canada, where visitors can ski in the morning and golf or sail in the afternoon. Yet snow conditions are amongst the best in BC – Mt. Washington on Vancouver Island, receives as much as 13 metres (43 feet) of snow each season.
- Mt. Cain Ski Resort, Woss, North Vancouver Island
- Mt. Washington Ski Resort, Courtenay, Central Vancouver Island
Ski Resorts in Vancouver, Whistler and BC Coast Mountains
Vancouver is the international gateway for winter thrill-seekers arriving in BC. Lights from Grouse Mountain, Cypress Bowl and Mount Seymour illuminate ski runs on Vancouver’s North Shore. Two hours drive to the north is Whistler/Blackcomb, the top ranked destination resort in North America.
- Cypress Mountain – Ski Resort, West Vancouver, Greater Vancouver
- Grouse Mountain – Ski Resort, North Vancouver, Greater Vancouver
- Hemlock Resort – Ski Resort, Agassiz, Hemlock Valley
- Manning Park Resort, Manning Provincial Park, Southwest BC
- Mount Seymour – Ski Resort, North Vancouver, Greater Vancouver
- Whistler Blackcomb Ski Resort, Whistler, North of Vancouver BC
Skiing & Winter Activities: Vancouver, British Columbia
Skiing & Winter Activities: Whistler, British Columbia
Skiing: Cat-Skiing: Whistler, British Columbia
Skiing: Heli-Skiing: Whistler, British Columbia
Skiing & Winter Activities: North Vancouver, Cypress, Grouse, Mt Seymour
Skiing & Winter Activities: Fraser Valley, British Columbia
Skiing & Winter Activities: Sunshine Coast, British Columbia
Ski Resorts in the Thompson Okanagan
The sun-drenched and snow-covered Thompson Okanagan region in central BC boasts four world-class downhill ski and snowboard resorts, plus four other superb resorts, offering fabulous helicopter skiing, cross-country trails and seemingly endless snowmobile terrain waiting to be explored.
- Apex Mountain Ski Resort, Penticton, South Okanagan
- Big White Ski Resort, Kelowna, Okanagan Valley
- Crystal Mountain – Ski Resort, Westbank, Okanagan Valley
- Harper Mountain – Ski Resort, Kamloops, Thompson Okanagan
- Mount Baldy – Ski Resort, Oliver, Similkameen, South Okanagan
- Phoenix Mountain Ski Resort, Grand Forks, Boundary Country
- Silver Star Mountain Resort, Vernon, North Okanagan Valley
- Sun Peaks Ski Resort, Kamloops, Thompson Okanagan
Ski Resorts in the Kootenays and BC Rockies
The glacier-clad BC Rockies region offers six top winter resorts, plus most of Canada’s snowcat, helicopter and backcountry skiing operations. Incorporating the Rockies, the Purcells, the Columbia and the Monashee Mountains, this region is blanketed season-long by deep, dry powder.
- Fairmont Hot Springs Ski Resort, Fairmont Hot Springs, BC Rockies
- Fernie Alpine Resort, Fernie, BC Rockies
- Kicking Horse Mountain Ski Resort, Golden, BC Rockies
- Kimberley Alpine Ski Resort, Kimberley, BC Rockies
- Panorama Mountain Ski Resort, Panorama, Invermere, BC Rockies
- Red Resort, Red Mountain, Rossland, BC Kootenays
- Revelstoke Mountain Resort, Revelstoke, BC Kootenays
- Salmo Ski Hill, Salmo, BC Kootenays
- Summit Lake – Ski Resort, Nakusp, BC Kootenays
- Whitewater Ski Resort, Nelson, BC Kootenays
Ski Resorts in the Cariboo, Chilcotin, Coast
The rolling landscape of British Columbia’s interior offers two downhill ski resorts, complimented by superb guest ranches. The Cariboo offers heli-skiing, dogsledding, snowmobiling, ice-fishing, and the world-renowned track-set cross-country skiing trails near the community of 100 Mile House.
Ski Resorts in Northern British Columbia
The largest tourism region in BC offers limitless adventure for the winter vacationer, with some resorts receiving an annual snowfall of over 12 metres (40 feet). The standard fare of BC winter activities is offered in a timeless and remote landscape where moose and deer still far outnumber people.
- Big Bam Ski Hill, Taylor, North East BC
- Hudson Bay Mountain Resort, Smithers, North West BC
- Murray Ridge Ski Hill, Fort St. James, North West BC
- Powder King Mountain Resort, Mackenzie, North East BC
- Purden Ski Village, Prince George, North East BC
- Shames Mountain – Ski Resort, Terrace, North West BC
- Tabor Mountain Ski Resort, Prince George, North East BC